It is ieiMedia’s responsibility to build an experiential learning environment where everyone shares the common goal of bettering themselves in journalism and media. We feel the following applicant requirements support our mission through the enrollment process.
- All ieiMedia students must be at least 18 years old by the time their overseas program begins.
- To be accepted, a student must be in good academic standing at their university or a recent college graduate.
- Graduating high school seniors already accepted in a college program may be considered.
- We welcome applicants from any discipline who wish to add media art skills to their portfolio. Media/Journalism undergraduates make up most of our student body, but all students are eligible for acceptance.
- All students can elect to receive three transfer credits from the University of Jamestown (ND). Many students, but especially graduate students and recent graduates, often prefer to take the course on a non-credit basis.
- All students must provide two academic references and submit a statement on why they want to study media abroad.
- Interviews with applicants are sometimes needed to understand skill levels and help our professors tailor the syllabus based on applicant needs.
We take pride in what we can achieve together, and welcome our summer program participants as Junior Fellows of the Institute for Education in International Media (ieiMedia).