How to Apply
- Fill out the online application below and send names and email addresses for two references (one ieiMedia faculty member or another professor, the other a professor or media professional) in the spaces provided. We will email your references a form that takes just two minutes to fill out on your behalf, and we cannot act on your application until at least one of them completes the form.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and considered in the order submitted. Apply early to guarantee admission to the program of your choice. Late applications will be considered if spots are available.
- A $50 processing fee is required with the application. The system will accept your application without submitting the $50 processing fee via Stripe, however Admissions will contact you regarding the payment if it is not made in order to process the application.
- A deposit ($500 non-refundable) is required by March 9 to hold your space in the program. If applying after March 9, payment is due immediately upon acceptance. Full payment is due after the reservation deposit, but no later than April 1. If you miss that deposit deadline, there will be a 2% monthly late charge. For more information about payment and refunds, see our Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy.
- The program fee for four-week credit bearing programs will vary by destination, with a $450 reduced price if you do not need college credit. Up to a $400 “early-bird discount” is available for applications submitted by January 17, 2023 if the program fee is paid in full within 10 business days from your acceptance notice (usually within 1-2 weeks after application submitted). The program discount varies by program - see your project Fact sheet for more details on the discount available.
In order for your application to be complete, you must also submit a personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of submitting your application that answers the following questions. There are no formatting requirements for the personal statement, but please include your name and program of interest in the header and/or footer of the document.
- Why have you selected this specific program and location?
- How does this program tie into achieving your personal and professional goals?
- What skills do you hope to gain by participating in this program?"
All applicants, except James Madison University students, must fill out this online application. James Madison students should apply through the JMU Center for Global Engagement.
Colorado State University students must first register on the CSU campus for ALL programs. After CSU approval, they must complete the ieiMedia application. (See the Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy for the payment schedule).
Students enrolled in our programs will get credit through the listed sponsoring universities. Once accepted to a program, students will need to fill out some additional paperwork from the institution offering credit.
If you have questions about this application form, please contact:
Your application will not be considered without the $50 application fee.
By submitting your application and participating in the program you agree to allow ieiMedia to use the work and images you produce during the program for our publicly available media channels and for ieiMedia promotional purposes.