Payment, Cancellation, and Refund Policy
An application fee of US $50 is due with the completed online form. This fee will be returned to students not accepted into a program, and it will be applied to the program fees of those accepted. Within 30 days of your acceptance into the program, a non-refundable $500 deposit is due to secure your space. This deposit will be fully applied to your total program fee and is refundable only if your program is canceled; e.g., for insufficient enrollment. If you miss that 30-day deposit deadline, you must re-apply for the program. (The only applicants not required to submit the $500 deposit within 30 days are need-based Gilman Scholarship candidates.)
Applicants will be notified of acceptance into the program by email. After the $500 deposit, the remaining balance is due within 30 days or March 1, whichever date comes first. An early bird discount of $150 will be given to all students paying by check postmarked by January 15.
If applying after Feb. 15, full payment is due immediately upon acceptance. After March 1, unpaid balances will be charged monthly interest at the rate of 1% of the open balance on the student’s account.
You must use ieiMedia’s PayPal portal to pay the $50 processing fee at the time of your application. ieiMedia will then bill you for the $500 deposit and the remainder of your balance, which can be paid through PayPal or, preferably, by personal check, as instructed on your billing statement. International students may choose to use bank wire to make their payments. If there are any questions about payments, please contact Donna Pfeiffer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Study Abroad programs require extensive, detailed advance planning. Because commitments for hotels, cooperating agencies and organizations are frequently done months in advance of the trip, it is essential that students be aware of their financial commitments when signing up for a program. The refund policy as outlined below will be strictly adhered to in order to ensure consistency and fairness.
- If you decide to withdraw from a program, you must notify Andy Ciofalo (email@example.com) immediately in writing.
- If you withdraw before March 1, ieiMedia will refund all but the $500 deposit and $50 application fee.
- If you withdraw between March 1 and April 1, ieiMedia will refund 50% of your payments after the deposit and application fee are subtracted.
- If you withdraw after April 1, none of the fees will be refunded, but you may defer admission for one year.
- If you require a visa and the visa application is denied, ieiMedia will refund the entire program fee upon receiving proof of visa denial, prior to March 1.
- If a medically certified illness prevents your participation, the student will forfeit the application fee plus any payments made on behalf of the student that are non-recoverable. No refunds can be made after May 1, but you may defer admission for one year.
We recommend that all study abroad students consider trip cancellation insurance to cover items such as program fees, airline tickets, and travel-related costs in the unlikely event of a withdrawal from a program. Many travel insurance companies exist and each one has its own terms and exclusions. Some offer “cancel for any reason” supplements and might be of particular interest. (Please be aware that this type of coverage often requires that you purchase the coverage within 14 days of the initial deposit.) ieiMedia does not endorse any insurance carrier, but these are some you might want to research for yourself: