Teaching abroad with ieiMedia
ieiMedia hires accomplished academic university faculty and media professionals to teach in its international reporting and multimedia programs. No positions are currently available but we may have openings for Summer 2014.
Duties: Instructors are expected to teach or co-teach a particular module of the program (reporting/writing, video/multimedia storytelling, photojournalism, magazine writing or international reporting) and help students produce an online or print publication by the end of the four-week program. Faculty will collaborate with program director and other instructors on curriculum, syllabus and assignments. In addition to teaching classes, instructors are expected to meet individually with students, attend all faculty meetings and participate in special meals, field trips and other program events.
Faculty may be required to work or be on call one or two weekends; at least two weekends will be free for personal travel.
Instructors are also expected to help program director recruit students for the program.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree or Ph.D. preferred
- At least five years of high-caliber professional journalism experience and at least two years of college teaching experience
- Ability to teach one or more of the following modules: reporting/writing, video/multimedia, international reporting, magazine writing, photojournalism
- Collaborative disposition, ability to work well with other faculty and students
International journalism experience and fluency in the language of the program site are highly desirable but not required.
Compensation: Stipend, plus airfare and housing for non-local faculty.
To apply: Please send a letter of application, CV or resume, professional work samples and a list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ieiMedia Blog: Browse Topics
Latest Blog Posts
Get our Free e-Newsletter
Our Students Get Great Gigs
- Urbino Project – 2012
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2012
- Urbino Project – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2011
- Perpignan Project – 2011
- Istanbul Stories – 2011
- Faces of Istanbul (Book) – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2010
- Perpignan Project – 2010
- Urbino Project – 2009
- Armagh Project – 2009
- Urbino View Magazine – 2009
- Cagli Project – 2008
- Armagh Project – 2007
- Cagli Project – 2007
- Camerano Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2005
- Cagli Project – 2004
- Cagli Project – 2003
- Cagli Project – 2002
by Laura Weeks, James Madison University, Urbino Project 2012