Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy
An application fee of US $350 (which will be applied to the program cost) is due with the completed online application form to secure the candidate’s space. This fee is non-refundable after acceptance into the program.
Applicants will be notified within 2 weeks of their acceptance into the program. The remaining balance is due on March 1. If applying after the February 15 deadline, full payment is due immediately upon acceptance.
All deposits must be made through PayPal at the time of application. You will be billed by ieiMedia for the remaining balance, which can be paid through the ieiMedia Payment Portal on Paypal or by personal check to ieiMedia, as instructed on your billing statement. International students may choose to use bank wire to make their payments. If there are any questions about payments please contact ieiMedia President Andrew Ciofalo at email@example.com.
Study Abroad programs require extensive, detailed advance planning. Because commitments for hotels, cooperating agencies and organizations are frequently done months in advance of the trip, it is essential that students be aware of their financial commitments when signing up for a program. The refund policy as outlined below will be strictly adhered to in order to ensure consistency and fairness.
- If you decide to withdraw from a program, you must notify Prof. Ciofalo (firstname.lastname@example.org) immediately in writing.
- The application fee is automatically refunded to a candidate who has not yet been accepted to the program.
- The $350 application fee is non-refundable once you are accepted to the program. This covers the cost of entering you in our system and verifying your information.
- If you withdraw before April 1, ieiMedia will refund all but the $350 deposit.
- If you withdraw between April 1 and May 1, ieiMedia will refund 50% of your payments after the deposit is subtracted.
- If you withdraw after May 1, none of the program fee will be refunded.
- If you require a visa and the visa application is denied ieiMedia will refund the entire program fee upon receiving proof of visa denial, prior to March 1.
- If a medically certified illness prevents your participation, the student will forfeit the application fee plus any payments made on behalf of the student which are non-recoverable. No refunds can be made after May 1.
We recommend that all study abroad students consider trip cancellation insurance to cover items such as program fees, airline tickets, and travel-related costs in the unlikely event of a withdrawal from a program. Many travel insurance companies exist and each one has its own terms and exclusions. Some offer “cancel for any reason” supplements and might be of particular interest. (Please be aware that this type of coverage often requires that you purchase the coverage within 14 days of the initial deposit.) ieiMedia does not endorse or recommend any insurance carrier, but these are some you may want to research for yourself.
- Travelex: http://www.travelex-insurance.com
- Travel Guard: http://www.travelguard.com/travelinsurance
- Global Alert: http://www.etravelinsurancecentral.com/globalalert
- Travel Safe: http://www.travelsafe.com
ieiMedia Blog: Browse Topics
Latest Blog Posts
- Magic Carpet: Q&A With Travel Writing Pro Todd Pitock
- IeiMedia Alumna Nabs International TV Job
- The Armagh Project: A Haven for Writers
- Urbino Alum Gets a Dream Job
- Urbino Project Announces 2015 Raffie Award Winners
- IeiMedia Invites Applicants for Faculty Research Fellowships, Summer 2016
- ieiMedia Names Admissions Director
Get our Free e-Newsletter
Our Students Get Great Gigs
- Urbino Project – 2015
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2015
- Nice Project – 2015
- Jerusalem Project – 2015
- Istanbul Project – 2015
- Urbino Project – 2014
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2014
- Armagh Project – 2014
- Jerusalem Project – 2014
- Valencia Project – 2014
- Istanbul Project – 2014
- Urbino Project – 2013
- Urbino Now iPad App – 2013
- Istanbul Project – 2013
- Jerusalem Project – 2013
- Urbino Project – 2012
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2012
- Istanbul Project – 2012
- Urbino Project – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2011
- Perpignan Project – 2011
- Istanbul Stories – 2011
- Faces of Istanbul (Book) – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2010
- Perpignan Project – 2010
- Urbino Project – 2009
- Armagh Project – 2009
- Urbino View Magazine – 2009
- Cagli Project – 2008
- Armagh Project – 2007
- Cagli Project – 2007
- Camerano Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2005
- Cagli Project – 2004
- Cagli Project – 2003
- Cagli Project – 2002
by Kendall Gilman, James Madison University, Urbino Project 2015