Payment, Cancellation and Refund Policy
An application fee of US $500 (which will be applied to the program cost) is due with the completed online application form to secure the candidate’s space. This fee is non-refundable once accepted to the program.
Applicants will be notified within 2 weeks of their acceptance into the program.
The remaining balance is due on April 1, 2014 or 10 days after the application is accepted if applying after this date.
Payment may be made by credit card through PayPal. You can choose to either pay the whole amount owed or use PayPal’s Bill-Me-Later plan, which extends payments over a 6-month period. The remaining balance can be paid through the ieiMedia Payment Portal.
Please ensure the correct amounts are included. If you require alternative payment plans, please contact ieiMedia President Andrew Ciofalo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Refund Policy and Schedule
Study Abroad programs require extensive, detailed advance planning. Because commitments for hotels, cooperating agencies and organizations are frequently done months in advance of the trip, it is essential that students be aware of their financial commitments when signing up for a program. The refund policy as outlined below will be strictly adhered to in order to ensure consistency and fairness.
- If you decide to withdraw from a program, you must notify Andy Ciofalo (email@example.com) immediately in writing.
- The $500 application fee is non-refundable once you are accepted to the program.
- The application fee is automatically refunded to a candidate who is not accepted to the program.
- If you withdraw before April 1, ieiMedia will refund all but the $500 deposit.
- If you withdraw between April 1 and May 1, ieiMedia will refund 50% of the program fee after the deposit is subtracted.
- If you withdraw after May 1, none of the program fee will be refunded.
- If you require a visa and the visa application is denied ieiMedia will refund the entire program fee upon receiving proof of visa denial.
- If a medically certified illness prevents your participation, the student will have the option to apply the tuition toward a later program or to a program the following summer.
We recommend that all study abroad students consider trip cancellation insurance to cover items such as program fees, airline tickets, and travel-related costs in the unlikely event of a withdrawal from a program. Many travel insurance companies exist and each one has its own terms and exclusions. Some offer “cancel for any reason” supplements and might be of particular interest. (Please be aware that this type of coverage often requires that you purchase the coverage within 14 days of the initial deposit.) ieiMedia does not endorse or recommend any insurance carrier, but these are some you may want to research for yourself.
- Travelex: http://www.travelex-insurance.com
- Travel Guard: http://www.travelguard.com/travelinsurance
- Global Alert: http://www.etravelinsurancecentral.com/globalalert
- Travel Safe: http://www.travelsafe.com
Repatriation/Health insurance policy is included in the cost of the program for all students. Parents and participants will be required to sign a waiver of liability in the event of great bodily harm or death due to unforeseen circumstances.
Do not purchase airline tickets until you receive a “GO Letter” via email from ieiMedia or your program director. That means the program is all set to go. However, we reserve the right to change program dates or cancel sessions due to unforeseen circumstances. If a program is canceled, students will be offered a slot in another program; if they decline the alternate program a full refund is available.
If you don’t have a U.S. or E.U passport, you must check visa requirements and restrictions. You are responsible for ensuring that you have legal permission to stay in Schengen countries for the duration of your intended stay. If you need a visa to travel to one of our sites, ieiMedia will issue required visa support documents (Invitation letter, proof of accommodation) only after student is accepted to the program and has paid at least 50% of the program fee. If the visa is denied ieiMedia will refund the program fee upon receiving the proof of visa denial.
ieiMedia Blog: Browse Topics
Latest Blog Posts
Get our Free e-Newsletter
Our Students Get Great Gigs
- Urbino Project – 2013
- Urbino Now iPad App – 2013
- Istanbul Project – 2013
- Jerusalem Project – 2013
- Urbino Project – 2012
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2012
- Istanbul Project – 2012
- Urbino Project – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2011
- Perpignan Project – 2011
- Istanbul Stories – 2011
- Faces of Istanbul (Book) – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2010
- Perpignan Project – 2010
- Urbino Project – 2009
- Armagh Project – 2009
- Urbino View Magazine – 2009
- Cagli Project – 2008
- Armagh Project – 2007
- Cagli Project – 2007
- Camerano Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2005
- Cagli Project – 2004
- Cagli Project – 2003
- Cagli Project – 2002
by Ashley Grisham, James Madison University, Urbino Project 2012