The Institute for Education in International Media (ieiMedia) partners with universities and other educational institutions around the world to create experiential study-abroad and media internship programs for college students and young professionals.
ieiMedia can work with your university, international programs office, or academic department to create a tailored media study-abroad program to fit a specific curriculum, desired location and interests. Universities and academic departments can also join established ieiMedia programs as credit partners, offering their students university credit for summer programs run by ieiMedia.
What ieiMedia can offer your institution:
- A decade of experience – ieiMedia faculty have been taking students abroad since 2002. More than 400 students from 50 universities have participated in our programs.
- Customized programs – ieiMedia can tailor programs to fit your curriculum and requirements.
- Faculty involvement – Faculty from your institution can teach in the program, allowing your institution to maintain academic control.
- Logistical support – ieiMedia can arrange all logistics and services, including housing, transportation, insurance, classroom space and cultural activities.
- Leverage – Many academic departments can’t support a study-abroad program on their own; ieiMedia can market your program to students from other schools.
- Diversity – Students benefit from working with students and faculty from other institutions and backgrounds.
- Stability – Your program costs are insulated against wild swings in the international currency market.
- Risk management – ieiMedia books facilities and services and pays all deposits so there is no financial risk to your institution.
Over the past 10 years, ieiMedia has had formal credit partnerships with a number of academic institutions. Current academic partners include San Francisco State University, Iowa State University, James Madison University, Gonzaga University, Bahcesehir University (Turkey), and Winston Salem State University. Previous partnerships have involved Loyola University Maryland, Marquette University and Temple University.
We are eager to work with institutions around the world interested in hosting an ieiMedia program. Small cities and towns off the beaten tourist track are particularly desirable.
Contact: ieiMedia Founder and President Andrew Ciofalo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ieiMedia Blog: Browse Topics
Latest Blog Posts
- Urbino Program remembers Gwen Ifill’s visit
- ieiMedia faculty to chat on Twitter about studying abroad
- Meet with ieiMedia in Atlanta, Washington and California
- What makes a good travel writer? Meeting readers’ needs for humanity
- Apply by Oct. 4 to be one of 2,800 winners of a Gilman scholarship for study abroad
- ieiMedia announces new executive director, 2017 sites
- Urbino students convey stories through multimedia
Get our Free e-Newsletter
Our Students Get Great Gigs
- Urbino Project – 2016
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2016
- Urbino Project – 2015
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2015
- Urbino Project – 2014
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2014
- Urbino Project – 2013
- Urbino Now iPad App – 2013
- Urbino Project – 2012
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2012
- Urbino Project – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2010
- Urbino Project – 2009
- Urbino View Magazine – 2009
- Armagh Project – 2014
- Armagh Project – 2009
- Armagh Project – 2007
- Valencia Project – 2016
- Valencia Project – 2014
- Oslo Project – 2016
- Croatia Project – 2016
- Jerusalem Project – 2015
- Jerusalem Project – 2013
- Istanbul Project – 2015
- Istanbul Project – 2014
- Istanbul Project – 2013
- Istanbul Project – 2012
- Istanbul Stories – 2011
- Faces of Istanbul (Book) – 2011
- Nice Project – 2016
- Nice Project – 2015
- Perpignan Project – 2011
- Perpignan Project – 2010
- Cagli Project – 2008
- Cagli Project – 2007
- Cagli Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2005
- Cagli Project – 2004
- Cagli Project – 2003
- Cagli Project – 2002
- Camerano Project – 2006
by Gillette Vaira, University of Montana, The Perpignan Project 2010