The Institute for Education in International Media partners with universities and other educational institutions around the world to create experiential study abroad and media internship programs for college students and young professionals.
ieiMedia can work with your university, international programs office or academic department to create a tailored media study abroad program to fit a specific curriculum, desired location and interests. Universities and academic departments can also join established ieiMedia programs as credit partners, offering their students university credit for summer programs run by ieiMedia.
What ieiMedia can offer your institution:
- The past 15 years of experience – ieiMedia faculty have been taking students abroad since 2002. More than 1,000 students from 70 universities have participated in our programs.
- Customized programs – ieiMedia can tailor programs to fit your curriculum and requirements.
- Faculty involvement – Faculty from your institution can teach in the program, allowing your institution to maintain academic control.
- Logistical support – ieiMedia can arrange all logistics and services, including housing, transportation, insurance, classroom space and cultural activities.
- Leverage – Many academic departments can’t support a study-abroad program on their own; ieiMedia can market your program to students from other schools, some of whom can earn credits though the University of Jamestown.
- Diversity – Students benefit from working with students and faculty from other institutions and backgrounds.
- Stability – Your program costs are insulated against wild swings in the international currency market.
- Risk management – ieiMedia books facilities and services and pays all deposits, so there is no financial risk to your institution.
Over the past 15 years, ieiMedia has had formal credit partnerships and affiliations with many academic institutions, including:
- University of Jamestown
- San Francisco State University
- Iowa State University
- James Madison University
- Gonzaga University
- Bahcesehir University (Turkey)
- Winston Salem State University
- Marquette University
- Temple University
- University of Baltimore
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
- Hebrew University (Jerusalem)
- Berry College
- Valley City State University (N.D.)
- Colorado State University
- Cal State-Fullerton
- Ithaca College
We are eager to work with institutions around the world interested in hosting an ieiMedia program. Small cities and towns off the beaten tourist track are particularly desirable.
ieiMedia Blog: Browse Topics
Latest Blog Posts
- Professors can create study tours with ieiMedia Global Connections
- Avanti Cagli, ieiMedia’s summer initiative in Italy, will offer study and program options in 2018
- Scholarships available for ieiMedia Jerusalem program
- Urbino Program remembers Gwen Ifill’s visit
- ieiMedia faculty to chat on Twitter about studying abroad
- Meet with ieiMedia in Atlanta, Washington and California
- What makes a good travel writer? Meeting readers’ needs for humanity
Get our Free e-Newsletter
Our Students Get Great Gigs
- Urbino Project – 2016
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2016
- Urbino Project – 2015
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2015
- Urbino Project – 2014
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2014
- Urbino Project – 2013
- Urbino Now iPad App – 2013
- Urbino Project – 2012
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2012
- Urbino Project – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2010
- Urbino Project – 2009
- Urbino View Magazine – 2009
- Armagh Project – 2014
- Armagh Project – 2009
- Armagh Project – 2007
- Valencia Project – 2016
- Valencia Project – 2014
- Oslo Project – 2016
- Croatia Project – 2016
- Jerusalem Project – 2015
- Jerusalem Project – 2013
- Istanbul Project – 2015
- Istanbul Project – 2014
- Istanbul Project – 2013
- Istanbul Project – 2012
- Istanbul Stories – 2011
- Faces of Istanbul (Book) – 2011
- Nice Project – 2016
- Nice Project – 2015
- Perpignan Project – 2011
- Perpignan Project – 2010
- Cagli Project – 2008
- Cagli Project – 2007
- Cagli Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2005
- Cagli Project – 2004
- Cagli Project – 2003
- Cagli Project – 2002
- Camerano Project – 2006
by Deanna Brigandi, James Madison University, Urbino Project 2015