Our former students are landing terrific gigs:
- Milana Katic (Indiana University), Urbino 2012, worked last summer as an intern at the Saturday Evening Post‘s children’s magazines, Jack and Jill, Humpty Dumpty, and Turtle. Milana handled social media and shot promotional videos for the pubs.
- Leah De Graaf (Iowa State University), Urbino 2012, interned at Real Simple magazine summer of 2013 and is now an apprentice at Meredith Publication.
- Lauryn Smith (Columbia College, Chicago) Urbino 2011, interned at West Suburban Living, a magazine about the Western suburbs of Chicago. Currently, she is interning at a PR firm in Chicago called Margie Korshak Inc. as part of the fashion, hospitality, and entertainment Department.
- Allison Butler (Iowa State University), Urbino 2012, works in Des Moines at an advertising agency, Alt Studios, as an account manager.
- Erica Demson (James Madison University), Urbino 2012, interned summer of 2013 at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC, and is now working there as a program assistant in the education department.
- Maddie Wigle (James Madison University), Urbino 2011, is an intern in the Alumni & Development office of The National Outdoor Leadership School in Lander, WY and writes articles for the school’s magazine, The Leader.
- Kat Russell (California State University, Northridge), Istanbul 2011, is a photojournalist at the Kentucky New Era newspaper.
- Rosa Castaneda (University of California, Santa Cruz), Urbino 2011, is Educational Access Coordinator at CreaTV in San Jose, California. CreaTV manages San Jose’s public and education channels on Comcast Cable and online.
- Morgan Brinlee (San Francisco State University), Istanbul 2011 and Perpignan 2010, is a copy editor at the Hurriyet Daily News in Istanbul
- Sam Baranowski (Elon University), Istanbul 2011, is a reporter at Phoenix14News
- Jasmine Dilmanian (New York University), Istanbul 2011, is a freelance copy editor and reporter for New York Magazine
- Eve Hersh (University of Colorado, Boulder), Istanbul 2011, is a communications associate for a social media and content marketing agency called MergeThis Media
- Karissa Bell (San Francisco State University), Istanbul 2011, is an editorial fellow at Wired
- Kat Russell (California State University, Northridge), Istanbul 2011, is a freelance multimedia journalist based in Los Angeles
- Emanuelle Honnorat (Boston University), Istanbul 2011, is an editorial intern/reporter for Time Out Istanbul
- Sarah Lorsch (California State University at Northridge), Urbino 2011, is content manager for 365Hangers, an online store.
- Emma Vance (State University of New York at Plattsburgh), Urbino 2011, interned at Parenting magazine earlier this year and now freelances for the magazine as well as LoopDuLoop, an online start up.
- Robert Boag (James Madison University), Urbino 2011, is the chief photographer and videographer for National Center for State Courts in Richmond, VA.
- Simon Arsenau (Sheridan Institute of Technology), Perpignan 2011, is a multimedia journalist for Quebecor Media.
- Mary Barczak (Western Kentucky University), Perpignan 2011, is a news clerk at The Richmond Register.
- Samantha Blee (Loyola University Maryland), Urbino Magazine 2010, is an associate producer for the National Geographic home page
- Alicia Abercrombie (University of Wisconsin-Madison), Perpignan 2010, is a site manager at OmniPress
- Jaena Rae Cabrera (San Francisco State University), Armagh 2009, is a web producer for the Center for Investigative Reporting
- Erin Banco (University of Wisconsin-Madison), Urbino 2009, is a freelance journalist in Cairo who reports for Newsweek/The Daily Beast, Foreign Policy and The New Republic
- Anthony Dorunda (Wilkes University), Urbino 2009, is a producer/photojournalist at WBRE-TV in Pennsylvania
- Alex Wawro (San Francisco State University), Armagh 2009, is an associate editor at PC World
- Patrick Armstrong (Austin Peay State University), Urbino 2009, is managing editor of Out & About Newspaper
- Leah Bigelow (San Jose State University), Urbino 2009, is managing editor of Jetset Extra, an online travel resource
- Nicole Ely (San Francisco State University), Urbino 2009, is an editor for San Rafael Patch.
- Cassie Harwood (San Francisco State University), Armagh 2009, is the calendar editor for the East Bay Express
- Shelly Davidov (West Virginia University), Armagh 2009, is a copy editor/writer at The Charleston Gazette
- Susan Melgren (University of Kansas), Armagh 2009, is a web editor at Ogden Publications
- Diana Blass (American University), Cagli 2008) is a news desk associate for CBS News in New York City
- Bridget Miller (University of Arizona), Cagli 2008, is a television reporter, anchor and video editor for UATV Channel 3
- Lara Aqel (American University), Cagli 2008, is an assistant producer at MIB Mediaworks
- Alexandra Cirillo (Loyola College Maryland), Cagli 2007, is founder/creative director at Big Vision Empty Wallet and a producer with Washington Square Films
- Kathryn Gregory (West Virginia University), Cagli 2007, is a web, social media and Saturday editor for The Charleston Gazette
- Melissa Traynor (Central Connecticut State University), Cagli 2007 is a reporter for The Hartford Courant
- Mike Memoli (Loyola University Maryland), Cagli 2004, is a reporter in the Chicago Tribune/LA Times Washington bureau
Hey ieiMedia alumni, don’t be shy! Tell us what you’re up to so we can add you to the list. Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ieiMedia Blog: Browse Topics
Latest Blog Posts
Get our Free e-Newsletter
Our Students Get Great Gigs
Where do ieiMedia grads end up? Check our alumni news page.
- Urbino Project – 2013
- Urbino Now iPad App – 2013
- Istanbul Project – 2013
- Jerusalem Project – 2013
- Urbino Project – 2012
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2012
- Istanbul Project – 2012
- Urbino Project – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2011
- Perpignan Project – 2011
- Istanbul Stories – 2011
- Faces of Istanbul (Book) – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2010
- Perpignan Project – 2010
- Urbino Project – 2009
- Armagh Project – 2009
- Urbino View Magazine – 2009
- Cagli Project – 2008
- Armagh Project – 2007
- Cagli Project – 2007
- Camerano Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2005
- Cagli Project – 2004
- Cagli Project – 2003
- Cagli Project – 2002
“I came to Urbino to gain professional and cultural experiences by creating a short documentary on the local life and interacting with the Italian culture. The lessons I’ve learned, both in terms of media and journalism, as well as living in a foreign country, are priceless and will never be forgotten.”
by Grant Bell, James Madison University, The Urbino Project 2011
by Grant Bell, James Madison University, The Urbino Project 2011