Our former students are landing terrific gigs:
September 2014 Updates:
- Stephanie Holguin (James Madison University), Urbino 2012, is a producer for NBC12/WWBT news in Richmond, Virginia.
- Myra Krieger-Coen (Iowa State University), Urbino 2013, is an audience engagement coordinator for Meredith Corporation, where she does social media strategy research and execution for Parenting.com, Parents Magazine and Fitness Magazine.
- Elizabeth Zabel (Iowa State University), Urbino 2012, is a Multimedia Human Interest Reporter for The Gazette in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. She works as part of the features team.
- Lindsey Kreger (James Madison University), Urbino 2011, is an editor at the Times-News in North Carolina. She lays out pages, edits copy, creates cutlines and headlines, edits photos and does fact checking.
- Caryn Maconi (University of Colorado at Boulder), Urbino 2011, is a Development Writer for the United States Olympic Committee. She writes athlete and impact feature stories to engage prospective donors and educate the public about the Olympic and Paralympic movements in the U.S.
- Robert Boag (James Madison University), Urbino 2011, is the Head Photographer for Centre College in Danville, Kentucky. He is charge of creating and managing the college’s visual identity and produces all photo and video content for their website.
- Jilanne Doom (University of South Dakota), Urbino 2012, works for IREX (TEA Pakistan Communications), a teaching excellence and achievement program run through the U.S. Embassy in Pakistan to bring groups of exceptional Pakistani secondary teachers to the U.S. for a training program. She covers all communication efforts through interviews, stories, multimedia projects and webinars.
- Grant Bell (James Madison University), Urbino 2011, is working in the film and television industry in L.A. He has found work as a production assistant on television shows and as a grip and camera assistant on short films.
December 2013 Updates:
- Allison Butler (Iowa State University), Urbino 2012, is an account manager for Sigler, a commercial printing press in Ames, Iowa. The company specializes in branding for websites, print pieces, apparel and promotional items. She manages a client base of 30+ sororities, fraternities and universities to fulfill their marketing and communication needs.
- Leah De Graaf (Iowa State University), Urbino 2012, interned at Real Simple magazine in the summer of 2013 and works as a copy editing apprentice for Better Homes and Garden Special Interest Media (Meredith Corporation) in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Kerri DeVries (James Madison University), Urbino 2011, is the Project Manager for Redhead Companies in Baltimore, Maryland. You can read about the value of her Urbino experience at the company’s website.
- Sydni Dunn (Louisiana State University), Urbino 2011, is a staff reporter for The Chronicle of Higher Education in Washington, D.C. where she covers the academic workplace and job market.
- Kenzie Fisher (James Madison University), Urbino 2012, is a post production production assistant for Lionsgate in Studio City, California. She is currently working on a Lionsgate film coming out next summer.
- Dorian Geiger (University of British Columbia), Urbino 2011, describes his post-Urbino life as a whirlwind. He worked full-time at a couple of daily and weekly newspapers and worked as an editor-in-chief at a small community newspaper. He completed a bachelor of journalism degree at University of King’s College, then did two internships, one at Asian Geographic in Singapore and another at Global Newsin Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Dorian’s piece on the real-life inspiration for Cosmo Kramer on Seinfeld appeared in The New York Times on November 1st. Check out his story on The New York Times website.
This fall, he started pursuing a graduate degree at Columbia University in New York City.
- Ashley Grisham (James Madison University), Urbino 2012, is an Executive Assistant for Trium Entertainment, a reality show production company in Studio City, California.
- Emily Harmon (Iowa State University), Urbino 2012, is Associate Director of the Iowa United Nations Association, a non-profit organization in Iowa City, Iowa. She manages interns, writes op-eds and press releases, edits blogs and press releases, plans events, designs promotional materials, and handles social media. She also did a video for human rights day.
- Stephany Holguin (James Madison University), Urbino 2012, is a producer at ABC/13 News,WSET-TV in Lynchburg, Virginia. WSET is the ABC affiliated station in the Roanoke/Lynchburg market, the 67th largest market in the country.
- Chelsea Judge (Oklahoma State University), Urbino 2012, is the promotions manager at KXXV-TV, News Channel 25, in Waco, Texas where she creates topical promos for four evening newscasts and produces the image and brand promos for the station.
- Steve Odorczyk (James Madison University), Urbino 2011, works for Red Star Merchandise in Charlottesville, Virginia. Red Star manages the merchandise operation for touring bands as well as festivals around the country. They also manage online stores for a number of bands, such as the Dave Matthews Band and The Head and the Heart.
- Addie Olson (Iowa State University), Urbino 2011, is a multimedia journalist for the ABC affiliate in Des Moines, Iowa where she writes, shoots and edits her own stories.
- Yetiş Paycu (Bahcesehir University), Urbino 2012, is continuing his journalism and cinema/TV studies, but is also working on a documentary film about Kürdish music in Turkey. He is also doing freelance work.
- Liz Zabel (Iowa State University), Urbino 2012, is still finishing up her degree at Iowa State University and is currently interning at the Iowa Energy Center in Ames, Iowa as a multimedia communications intern.
- Milana Katic (Indiana University), Urbino 2012, worked last summer as an intern at the Saturday Evening Post‘s children’s magazines, Jack and Jill, Humpty Dumpty, and Turtle. Milana handled social media and shot promotional videos for the pubs.
- Lauryn Smith (Columbia College, Chicago) Urbino 2011, interned at West Suburban Living, a magazine about the Western suburbs of Chicago. Currently, she is interning at a PR firm in Chicago called Margie Korshak Inc. as part of the fashion, hospitality, and entertainment Department.
- Erica Demson (James Madison University), Urbino 2012, interned summer of 2013 at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC, and is now working there as a program assistant in the education department.
- Maddie Wigle (James Madison University), Urbino 2011, is an intern in the Alumni & Development office of The National Outdoor Leadership School in Lander, WY and writes articles for the school’s magazine, The Leader.
- Kat Russell (California State University, Northridge), Istanbul 2011, is a photojournalist at the Kentucky New Era newspaper.
- Rosa Castaneda (University of California, Santa Cruz), Urbino 2011, is Educational Access Coordinator at CreaTV in San Jose, California. CreaTV manages San Jose’s public and education channels on Comcast Cable and online.
- Morgan Brinlee (San Francisco State University), Istanbul 2011 and Perpignan 2010, is a copy editor at the Hurriyet Daily News in Istanbul
- Sam Baranowski (Elon University), Istanbul 2011, is a reporter at Phoenix14News
- Jasmine Dilmanian (New York University), Istanbul 2011, is a freelance copy editor and reporter for New York Magazine
- Eve Hersh (University of Colorado, Boulder), Istanbul 2011, is a communications associate for a social media and content marketing agency called MergeThis Media
- Karissa Bell (San Francisco State University), Istanbul 2011, is an editorial fellow at Wired
- Kat Russell (California State University, Northridge), Istanbul 2011, is a freelance multimedia journalist based in Los Angeles
- Emanuelle Honnorat (Boston University), Istanbul 2011, is an editorial intern/reporter for Time Out Istanbul
- Sarah Lorsch (California State University at Northridge), Urbino 2011, is content manager for 365Hangers, an online store.
- Emma Vance (State University of New York at Plattsburgh), Urbino 2011, interned at Parenting magazine earlier this year and now freelances for the magazine as well as LoopDuLoop, an online start up.
- Simon Arsenau (Sheridan Institute of Technology), Perpignan 2011, is a multimedia journalist for Quebecor Media.
- Mary Barczak (Western Kentucky University), Perpignan 2011, is a news clerk at The Richmond Register.
- Samantha Blee (Loyola University Maryland), Urbino Magazine 2010, is an associate producer for the National Geographic home page
- Alicia Abercrombie (University of Wisconsin-Madison), Perpignan 2010, is a site manager at OmniPress
- Jaena Rae Cabrera (San Francisco State University), Armagh 2009, is a web producer for the Center for Investigative Reporting
- Erin Banco (University of Wisconsin-Madison), Urbino 2009, is a freelance journalist in Cairo who reports for Newsweek/The Daily Beast, Foreign Policy and The New Republic
- Anthony Dorunda (Wilkes University), Urbino 2009, is a producer/photojournalist at WBRE-TV in Pennsylvania
- Alex Wawro (San Francisco State University), Armagh 2009, is an associate editor at PC World
- Patrick Armstrong (Austin Peay State University), Urbino 2009, is managing editor of Out & About Newspaper
- Leah Bigelow (San Jose State University), Urbino 2009, is managing editor of Jetset Extra, an online travel resource
- Nicole Ely (San Francisco State University), Urbino 2009, is an editor for San Rafael Patch.
- Cassie Harwood (San Francisco State University), Armagh 2009, is the calendar editor for the East Bay Express
- Shelly Davidov (West Virginia University), Armagh 2009, is a copy editor/writer at The Charleston Gazette
- Susan Melgren (University of Kansas), Armagh 2009, is a web editor at Ogden Publications
- Diana Blass (American University), Cagli 2008) is a news desk associate for CBS News in New York City
- Bridget Miller (University of Arizona), Cagli 2008, is a television reporter, anchor and video editor for UATV Channel 3
- Lara Aqel (American University), Cagli 2008, is an assistant producer at MIB Mediaworks
- Alexandra Cirillo (Loyola College Maryland), Cagli 2007, is founder/creative director at Big Vision Empty Wallet and a producer with Washington Square Films
- Kathryn Gregory (West Virginia University), Cagli 2007, is a web, social media and Saturday editor for The Charleston Gazette
- Melissa Traynor (Central Connecticut State University), Cagli 2007 is a reporter for The Hartford Courant
- Mike Memoli (Loyola University Maryland), Cagli 2004, is a reporter in the Chicago Tribune/LA Times Washington bureau
Hey ieiMedia alumni, don’t be shy! Tell us what you’re up to so we can add you to the list. Drop us a line at email@example.com.
ieiMedia Blog: Browse Topics
Latest Blog Posts
- Bob Marshall's "Louisiana's Moon Shot" Posted by The Lens and ProPublica
- Urbino Instructor Bob Marshall Discusses Loss of Louisiana Coastland on Salon.com
- How to Get the Most Out of a Media Study-Abroad Program
- Study Abroad in Challenging Places
- Hip Hop Performance and Multimedia Journalism in Florence
- Laura Weeks (Urbino 2012) Featured on Company Blog
- Urbino Alumni Working in the Field
Get our Free e-Newsletter
Our Students Get Great Gigs
- Urbino Project – 2014
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2014
- Armagh Project – 2014
- Jerusalem Project – 2014
- Valencia Project – 2014
- Nice Project – 2014
- Istanbul Project – 2014
- Urbino Project – 2013
- Urbino Now iPad App – 2013
- Istanbul Project – 2013
- Jerusalem Project – 2013
- Urbino Project – 2012
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2012
- Istanbul Project – 2012
- Urbino Project – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2011
- Perpignan Project – 2011
- Istanbul Stories – 2011
- Faces of Istanbul (Book) – 2011
- Urbino Now Magazine – 2010
- Perpignan Project – 2010
- Urbino Project – 2009
- Armagh Project – 2009
- Urbino View Magazine – 2009
- Cagli Project – 2008
- Armagh Project – 2007
- Cagli Project – 2007
- Camerano Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2006
- Cagli Project – 2005
- Cagli Project – 2004
- Cagli Project – 2003
- Cagli Project – 2002
by Catherine Threlkeld, Louisiana State University, The Urbino Project 2011